Scottsdale’s Premier Gourmet Store and Cooking School
Knowing how to cook is more than just surviving. It is a means to making us whole, healthy and happy. As we emerge from our time of quarantine, now more than ever we can embrace all that cooking is and learn to prepare delicious foods. Cooking is easy and fun when you understand the fundamentals. We hope you will journey through our classes and enrich your life with the knowledge of how to cook foods you love.
Holiday Cookies CLASSES ARE SOLD OUT
Dear Cookie Enthusiasts,
We are thrilled to extend our heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you for your overwhelming response to our Holiday Cookie Classes! We're excited to announce that all our classes are now "SOLD OUT" thanks to your enthusiastic participation.
However, we understand that some of you may have missed the opportunity to secure a spot in our classes. We hate to see anyone miss out on the sweetest experience of the season, so we've created a "wait list" for those still interested in joining our cookie-making festivities.
If you're eager to be a part of our Holiday Cookie Classes and would like to be added to our wait list, please call the Sweet Basil Culinary Center at 480-596-5628. In the event of any cancellations, we will contact individuals on the wait list in the order of their registration.
Thank you once again for your incredible support and enthusiasm for our Holiday Cookie Classes. We can't wait to bake up some delicious memories with those of you who have secured your spots, and we hope to accommodate as many of you on the wait list as possible.
Wishing you a season filled with joy, warmth, and, of course, plenty of scrumptious cookies!
Set up cooking classes for students including food and equipment. Make ready for the students aprons, recipes, beverages, rolled silverware, nametags and seating.
As students arrive, interact with them making them feel comfortable and welcome, and showing how to get ready for class.
During class maintain cleanliness of kitchen; wash cookware, cooking equipment and load dishwasher. Help students as needed during the class with equipment and cookware.
When food is finished cooking, help with the set up of the buffet, including serving pieces, plates and flatware.
Share in the clean-up duties after class is completed. Work independently and take initiative to do what needs to be done.
Cooking classes now offer hands-on or demonstration experience.
Kids & Teens Classes
**NEW CLASSES IN JAN.**
Essence of Cooking
Cook What You Love!
Fall Schedule PDF
November 2023 Classes
December 2023 Classes
** NEW CLASSES **
January 2024 Classes
** JUST ADDED **
Winter Schedule PDF
** JUST ADDED **
February 2024 Classes
In the Store:
Store hours: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Saturday.
Since we opened our Gourmetware store & Cooking School in 1993 our goal at Sweet Basil has been to provide under one roof a resource for entertaining supplies, cooking tools & recreational cooking classes. We hope you’ll stop by often for all your cooking and entertaining needs.
Here Are Some Things That We Can Do For You!
- Complimentary gift-wrap for any purchase of $25.00 or more.
- Remember, we can ship your gifts (UPS) anywhere in the United States.
- If you haven’t tried our rich and flavorful Gaviña Coffees, you should! Sweet Basil Coffee Club is for the person who values a great coffee to drink every day. Rich, medium bodied regular and flavored coffees available. When you purchase your coffee with us we invite you to join our coffee club. We keep track and when you purchase 10 pounds of coffee, the next one is free! Stop in to sample and see why hundreds of our customers rave about our coffee and stop in to purchase it year after year!
- Sweet Basil Gift Certificates make wonderful gifts for any special occasion. You can make them for any amount; the recipient can use them in the school, or store. To purchase here, go to the top of our site and follow the prompts to get it on its way to your recipient.
- Our colorful Gift Baskets are great for gift giving! They combine convenience and thoughtfulness for anyone – out of town relatives and friends, business associates & colleagues, corporate gift giving – anyone who would enjoy a selection of “gifts within a gift!” They can be custom-made from just about anything in the store – including our bountiful selection of gourmet foods – or order from our pre-made selection. Gift Certificates are available in any amount online, in the store or by phone. They are good for cooking classes and store merchandise.
- Need Knives sharpened? Drop them off for a couple of days, we’ll get them sharp and ready to go again.
- Want to host a private cooking class? Go to the top of this page to get the details.
Check Out Some Of Our Featured Items
Essence of Cooking
The Essence Intermediate series will take your basic understanding of cooking and further develop your skills and knowledge. Each week will focus in-depth on cooking principals, teaching how to develop complex flavors and create layers of flavors. We will learn Cooking Methods including battering, stuffing, layering, and marinating; and Cooking Processes of charring, roasting, sauté, flambe, smoking, poaching and baking. In six short weeks you will achieve an understanding of cooking shared by many professionals with a true sense of accomplishment in your cooking capabilities. Make your summer count and join us for this fun and exciting series!
Be part of a group learning about the basics of cooking. NEW Classes begin in OCTOBER!
Check Out What People Are Saying About Us…
CHECK OUT OUR COOKING SCHOOL!