KIDS COOK CAMP(M-F June 20-24)
This is a 5-Day camp, (Monday, June 20 – Friday, June 24). If you are a kid between the ages 8 to 12 and like to cook, this summer camp is for you! We’ll work on many kinds of recipes, so you’ll learn to make these foods for yourself, family, and friends. Come for a fun week of cooking:
- MONDAY – BETTER THAN TAKE-OUT CHINESE: Five-Spice Pork Ribs; Chinese Foil Wrapped Chicken; Stir-fry Vegetables with Noodles; Veggie Egg Rolls; Lemon Chicken Stir-fry Beef & Broccoli, and Chinese Almond Cookies with Coconut Ice Cream.
- TUESDAY – TACO TUESDAY: Roasted Corn & Smashed Avocado Guacamole with Homemade Chips; Spicy Ground Beef Tacos; Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Feta Cheese; Chicken Soft Tacos; Pork Fajita Tacos with Homemade Salsa; Cheese & Pinto Bean Nachos, and Banana Split Tacos with Homemade Ice Cream.
- WEDNESDAY – THE ITALIAN WAY: Classic Bruschetta with Fresh Tomatoes & Basil; Antipasto Salad with Honey-Lemon Dressing; Roasted Chicken with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto; Homemade Italian Bread with Herb Butter; Sautéed Fresh Vegetables with Olives & Herbs, and Italian Risotto with Peas & Parmesan. Dessert will be Apple Tart with Homemade Ice Cream.
- THURSDAY – FRENCH FAVORITES: Mini Croque Monsieur (Grilled Ham & Cheese); Mixed Green Salad with Hardboiled Egg & Homemade Croutons; Chicken Seared with Tomatoes, Olives, & Lemon; Pan-Roasted Fish with Brown Butter Sauce; Potato Frites (Fried Shoestring Potatoes with Fresh Herbs); Blanched & Roasted Fresh Vegetables with Garlic & Herbes de Provence, and Homemade French Crepes with Strawberries & Whipped Cream.
- FRIDAY – CUPCAKE WARS: Vanilla Cupcakes; Chocolate Cupcakes; Red Velvet Cupcakes; Carrot Cupcakes, and Banana Cupcakes. The class will work in teams to make Cupcakes, then choose colors for icing and decorations to finish.