KIDS COOK CAMP(Mon-Fri July 11 – 15)
If you are a kid between the ages 8 to 12, and like to cook, this summer camp is for you! We’ll work on many kinds of recipes, so you’ll learn to make these foods for yourself, family, and friends. Come for a fun week of cooking:
- MONDAY – PIZZA: Roasted Potato Pizza with Cheese & fresh Herbs; Three Cheese Pizza with Homemade Marinara Sauce; Pizza with Bacon, Caramelized Onion, Apples, & Fontina Cheese; Tomato & Fresh Basil Homemade Pizza; BBQ Chicken Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella; Homemade Meatball Pizza, and S’mores Dessert Pizza.
- TUESDAY – MEATLESS MAGIC: Cheddar Mac & Cheese with Toasted Bread Crumbs; Crispy Vegetable Egg Rolls; fresh Vegetable Stir-fry with Noodles; Sautéed Vegetable & Black Bean Chili; Broccoli with Creamy Cheddar Cheese Sauce; Vegetable Tempura with Dipping Sauce, and Grilled Veggie Skewers with Pesto Sauce.
- WEDNESDAY – SUMMER SALADS FOR DINNER: Steak Salad with Crispy Greens & Balsamic Dressing; Taco Salad with Homemade Chips; Romaine Lettuce Salad with Potatoes & Bacon Dressing; Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Tomatoes, Olives, & Honey-Lemon Dressing; Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons & Roasted Salmon; Chicken Chopped Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing, and Cool Pasta Salad with Grilled Fresh Vegetables.
- THURSDAY – COOL DOWN WITH HOT SOUPS FOR SUMMER: Roasted Tomato Soup with Croutons; fresh Vegetable & Pasta Minestrone Soup; Chinese Hot & Sour Soup; fresh Carrot Soup; Cream of Broccoli Soup with Cheddar Cheese; Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, and Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- FRIDAY – CUPCAKE WARS: Vanilla Cupcakes; Chocolate Cupcakes; Red Velvet Cupcakes; Carrot Cupcakes, and Banana Cupcakes. Students will work in teams to make Cupcakes, then choose colors for Icing and decorations to finish. Judging of cupcakes to follow.