KIDS COOK CAMP(Mon-Fri July 18 – 22)
If you are a kid between the ages 8 to 12, and like to cook, this summer camp is for you! We’ll work on many kinds of recipes, so you’ll learn to make these foods for yourself, family, and friends. Come for a fun week of cooking:
- Monday – SPAGHETTI DINNER: Homemade Pasta with fresh Tomatoes, Mozzarella, & Basil; crisp Lettuce Salad with creamy Italian Dressing; Spaghetti with Meatballs & Homemade Tomato Sauce; Baked Penne Pasta with Cream, Parmesan, & Toasted Bread Crumbs; fresh Baked Italian Bread; Italian Cinnamon & Sugar Doughnut Holes, and Strawberry Gelato with freshly Whipped Cream.
- Tuesday – INDOOR COOKOUT: Campsite-style Roasted Corn & Cheese Quesadillas with Salsa; Cookout Steak with Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce; One Pot No-bean Chili; Potato Packets with Bacon & Cheese; Best Ever BBQ Beans; Skillet Cornbread with Honey Butter, and Cinnamon-Apple Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Wednesday – SUMMER BAKE SHOP: Apple & Spice Muffins; Homemade Flakey Biscuits with Honey-Butter; Blueberry Coffee Cake; Cranberry-Orange Scones; Peach Cobbler with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream; Icebox Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles, and Chocolate Chip-Banana Muffins.
- Thursday – FOOD TRUCK FAVES: Street-style Corn on the Cobb; Cheese Quesadillas with Fresh Made Pico de Gallo; Crispy Shoestring Potatoes with Ranch Dipping Sauce; Cheese Steak Sliders; Chicken Fingers on a Stick with Homemade BBQ Sauce; BLT Grilled Cheese, and Homemade Churros.
- Friday – CUPCAKE WARS: Vanilla Cupcakes; Chocolate Cupcakes; Red Velvet Cupcakes; Carrot Cupcakes, and Banana Cupcakes. Students will work in teams to make Cupcakes, then choose colors for icing and decorations to finish. Judging of cupcakes to follow.