KIDS COOKING CAMP – July 31-Aug 4
This series is for people ages 8 to 12 who like to cook and are interested in learning some great new recipes. Each day we’ll work on a new theme with recipes you’ll have to share with your family whenever you want to cook again at home! Come for a fun and delicious series of classes to learn:
- MONDAY – BETTER THAN CHINESE TAKEOUT: Five Spice Pork Ribs; Foil Wrapped Chicken; Stir Fry Vegetables with Noodles; Veggie Egg Rolls with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce; Stir Fry Beef & Broccoli; Sweet & Sour Pork Stir Fry, and Chinese Almond Cookies with Homemade Coconut Ice Cream.
- TUESDAY – HOLA MEXICO: Charred Corn & Smashed Avocado Guacamole with Homemade Chips; Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas with Fresh Salsa; Traditional Ground Beef Tacos; Bean & Cheese Nachos; Pork Fajita Tacos; Fresh Cooked Mexican Style Rice, and Mexican Caramel Sundaes with Homemade Ice Cream.
- WEDNESDAY FOODS OF ROME: Feta Cheese & Romaine Salad with Garlic Croutons; Roman-style Pizza with Roasted Tomatoes; Spaghetti with Butter & Parmesan with Fresh Made Garlic Toast; Skillet Chicken with Fresh Sage & Mozzarella; Italian Wedding Soup; Roman-style Vegetable Sauté with Olives & Fresh Herbs, and Mocha Chip Gelato with Whipped Cream.
- THURSDAY – TASTE OF HAWAII: Pork Pot Stickers with Soy & Mirin Dip; Island Fresh Green Salad with Papaya Dressing; Char Grilled Hawaiian Style Brined Chicken with Pineapple-Ginger Sweet & Sour Sauce; Crispy Bacon Fried Rice; Hawaiian Style Beef Grilled Short Ribs; Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, and Banana Cake with Whipped Cream & Toasted Coconut.
- FRIDAY – CUPCAKE WARS: Vanilla Cupcakes; Chocolate Cupcakes; Red Velvet Cupcakes; Carrot Cupcakes, and Banana Cupcakes. Students will work in teams to create a theme for their cupcakes. They will bake, ice and decorate them. Each team will be recognized for the outstanding quality of their finished cupcakes!