Scottsdale’s Premier Gourmet Store and Cooking School
Knowing how to cook is more than just surviving. It is a means to making us whole, healthy and happy. As we emerge from our time of quarantine, now more than ever we can embrace all that cooking is and learn to prepare delicious foods. Cooking is easy and fun when you understand the fundamentals. We hope you will journey through our classes and enrich your life with the knowledge of how to cook foods you love.
Holiday Cookies CLASSES ARE OPEN
The HOLIDAY COOKIES SERIES begins December 1st – December 23nd, 2023
Available Tuesday’s, Thursday’s or Saturday’s mornings, afternoons or evenings.
Come for a fun three-hour class to be part of making 14 varieties of specialty Holiday Cookies! They make great gifts to share as a special treat! We will gather the ingredients for each cookie ahead of time, you come make and bake them, and when we’re finished, each person will take home 16-18 dozen Cookies. We work in teams of two, so you can sign up with a friend to be a team. Sign up early & bring a container to take your cookies home.
HOLIDAY COOKIES ARE HANDS-ON ADULT CLASSES
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR HOLIDAY COOKIE CLASSES
There are no refunds for cookie class cancellations. If you cannot attend a class, you may send someone in your place.
DON’T WAIT! Our HOLIDAY COOKIE CLASSES are our most popular of the year. These classes will sell out. Class sizes are limited, so sign up early to secure the times you want.
Set up cooking classes for students including food and equipment. Make ready for the students aprons, recipes, beverages, rolled silverware, nametags and seating.
As students arrive, interact with them making them feel comfortable and welcome, and showing how to get ready for class.
During class maintain cleanliness of kitchen; wash cookware, cooking equipment and load dishwasher. Help students as needed during the class with equipment and cookware.
When food is finished cooking, help with the set up of the buffet, including serving pieces, plates and flatware.
Share in the clean-up duties after class is completed. Work independently and take initiative to do what needs to be done.
Cooking classes now offer hands-on or demonstration experience.
Kids & Teens Classes
Summer Schedule PDF
September 2023 Classes
** JUST ADDED **
Fall Schedule PDF
** DEC. CLASSES ADDED **
** POPULAR **
** DEC. CLASSES ADDED **
Cook What You Love!
** NEW CLASSES**
October 2023 Classes
** NEW CLASSES **
November 2023 Classes
** JUST ADDED **
December 2023 Classes
In the Store:
Store hours: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Saturday.
Since we opened our Gourmetware store & Cooking School in 1993 our goal at Sweet Basil has been to provide under one roof a resource for entertaining supplies, cooking tools & recreational cooking classes. We hope you’ll stop by often for all your cooking and entertaining needs.
Here Are Some Things That We Can Do For You!
- Complimentary gift-wrap for any purchase of $25.00 or more.
- Remember, we can ship your gifts (UPS) anywhere in the United States.
- If you haven’t tried our rich and flavorful Gaviña Coffees, you should! Sweet Basil Coffee Club is for the person who values a great coffee to drink every day. Rich, medium bodied regular and flavored coffees available. When you purchase your coffee with us we invite you to join our coffee club. We keep track and when you purchase 10 pounds of coffee, the next one is free! Stop in to sample and see why hundreds of our customers rave about our coffee and stop in to purchase it year after year!
- Sweet Basil Gift Certificates make wonderful gifts for any special occasion. You can make them for any amount; the recipient can use them in the school, or store. To purchase here, go to the top of our site and follow the prompts to get it on its way to your recipient.
- Our colorful Gift Baskets are great for gift giving! They combine convenience and thoughtfulness for anyone – out of town relatives and friends, business associates & colleagues, corporate gift giving – anyone who would enjoy a selection of “gifts within a gift!” They can be custom-made from just about anything in the store – including our bountiful selection of gourmet foods – or order from our pre-made selection. Gift Certificates are available in any amount online, in the store or by phone. They are good for cooking classes and store merchandise.
- Need Knives sharpened? Drop them off for a couple of days, we’ll get them sharp and ready to go again.
- Want to host a private cooking class? Go to the top of this page to get the details.
Check Out Some Of Our Featured Items
Essence of Cooking
The Essence Intermediate series will take your basic understanding of cooking and further develop your skills and knowledge. Each week will focus in-depth on cooking principals, teaching how to develop complex flavors and create layers of flavors. We will learn Cooking Methods including battering, stuffing, layering, and marinating; and Cooking Processes of charring, roasting, sauté, flambe, smoking, poaching and baking. In six short weeks you will achieve an understanding of cooking shared by many professionals with a true sense of accomplishment in your cooking capabilities. Make your summer count and join us for this fun and exciting series!
Be part of a group learning about the basics of cooking. NEW Classes begin in OCTOBER!
Check Out What People Are Saying About Us…
CHECK OUT OUR COOKING SCHOOL!