Scottsdale’s Premier Gourmet Store and Cooking School
Knowing how to cook is more than just surviving. It is a means to making us whole, healthy and happy. As we emerge from our time of quarantine, now more than ever we can embrace all that cooking is and learn to prepare delicious foods. Cooking is easy and fun when you understand the fundamentals. We hope you will journey through our classes and enrich your life with the knowledge of how to cook foods you love.
In the Store:
Store hours: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Saturday.
Working with food, cooking and discovering how to expertly create new flavors can be one of the most pleasurable pursuits when combined in a fun learning environment. You’ll enjoy the opportunity to safely work with food under the guidance of experienced and professionally trained chef/instructors.
A Little More About Us…
Since we opened our Gourmetware store & Cooking School in 1993 our goal at Sweet Basil has been to provide under one roof a resource for entertaining supplies, cooking tools & recreational cooking classes. We hope you’ll stop by often for all your cooking and entertaining needs.
Here Are Some Things That We Can Do For You!
- Complimentary gift-wrap for any purchase of $25.00 or more.
- Remember, we can ship your gifts (UPS) anywhere in the United States.
- If you haven’t tried our rich and flavorful Gaviña Coffees, you should! Sweet Basil Coffee Club is for the person who values a great coffee to drink every day. Rich, medium bodied regular and flavored coffees available. When you purchase your coffee with us we invite you to join our coffee club. We keep track and when you purchase 10 pounds of coffee, the next one is free! Stop in to sample and see why hundreds of our customers rave about our coffee and stop in to purchase it year after year!
- Sweet Basil Gift Certificates make wonderful gifts for any special occasion. You can make them for any amount; the recipient can use them in the school, or store. To purchase here, go to the top of our site and follow the prompts to get it on its way to your recipient.
- Our colorful Gift Baskets are great for gift giving! They combine convenience and thoughtfulness for anyone – out of town relatives and friends, business associates & colleagues, corporate gift giving – anyone who would enjoy a selection of “gifts within a gift!” They can be custom-made from just about anything in the store – including our bountiful selection of gourmet foods – or order from our pre-made selection. Gift Certificates are available in any amount online, in the store or by phone. They are good for cooking classes and store merchandise.
- Need Knives sharpened? Drop them off for a couple of days, we’ll get them sharp and ready to go again.
- Want to host a private cooking class? Go to the top of this page to get the details.
Check Out Some Of Our Featured Items
At Sweet Basil Gourmetware & Cooking School, we are constantly adding new products both in-store and online to make your cooking experience that much more enjoyable. Here, you can find name brands like Heritage Steel, Tovolo, Wusthof, Hammer Stahl, Nordicware, Cuisinart Cookware, Microplane, and more!
Essence of Cooking
If you’ve ever wanted to be a good home cook, this 12-week series is meant for you! We teach A to Z about cooking and each week you are introduced to a new subject explored (cooked) by the group This fun series includes lectures, demonstrations, hands-on learning, and a meal of the foods prepared each week.
Be part of a group learning about the basics of cooking.
Check Out What People Are Saying About Us…
This place is a hidden gem. On fist glance, I thought it was just a cooking school but then I discovered their cafe! The food is awesome here. Not a huge menu but everything we tried was AMAZING. I recommend the split pea soup and the BLT.
Attended a gourmet couples cooking class. The chef was personable and made it really fun. Although you only make one item, it was a nice evening. The food was delicious and the store had some unique items.
Took a 12 week cooking class series! Loved it! Great instructor, format and overall good experience. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to learn to cook better. My family is very glad I took this class!
CHECK OUT OUR COOKING SCHOOL!
Sweet Basil Cooking School, like the store, started out small in 1993.
KIDS & TEENS
TEAM BUILDING & PRIVATE
FULL SCHEDULE (AS PDF)