Scottsdale’s Premier Gourmet Store and Cooking School
Knowing how to cook is more than just surviving. It is a means to making us whole, healthy and happy. As we emerge from our time of quarantine, now more than ever we can embrace all that cooking is and learn to prepare delicious foods. Cooking is easy and fun when you understand the fundamentals. We hope you will journey through our classes and enrich your life with the knowledge of how to cook foods you love.
CAKE DECORATING (with Jan D'Atri)
Saturday, June 10th 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm $75.00
Due to popular demand, we’ve added a Cake Decorating class to our schedule. In this fun class each person will receive a cake to work with. Students learn by practicing with decorating bags, tips and tools making borders, learn to write, make flowers and leaves. After practicing the techniques each student will design and decorate their own cake with filling and icings provided. When the cake is completed students will take their cakes home!
Retail Sales Associate POSITION
Sweet Basil is a retail kitchenware store selling a wide variety of products for cooking and entertaining. We are seeking a part-time sales associate with retail experience, great communication and customer service skills. This special person should enjoy helping customers have a fun and successful shopping experience. We provide service with our Cooking School and need our employees to be able to make decisions concerning enrollment, check-in and registration. Applicant must have had prior retail experience. A candidate should be a quick learner, able to communicate the details of our merchandise, cooking classes and daily operations.
Kitchen Assistant POSITION
Assist chef/instructor with set up of cooking classes including food, equipment and beverages. Interact with the students welcoming and making them feel comfortable at the beginning of class. During class help to maintain cleanliness of kitchen; wash cookware, cooking equipment and load dishwashers. Assist students in class as requested by the instructor. Share in the clean up duties after class is completed.
Cooking classes now offer hands-on or demonstration experience.
Spring Schedule PDF
Summer Schedule PDF
June 2023 Classes
Kids & Teens Classes
Sweet Basil Cook Club
July 2023 Classes
August 2023 Classes
September 2023 Classes
CALL US TODAY TO REGISTER!
In the Store:
Store hours: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Saturday.
Since we opened our Gourmetware store & Cooking School in 1993 our goal at Sweet Basil has been to provide under one roof a resource for entertaining supplies, cooking tools & recreational cooking classes. We hope you’ll stop by often for all your cooking and entertaining needs.
Here Are Some Things That We Can Do For You!
- Complimentary gift-wrap for any purchase of $25.00 or more.
- Remember, we can ship your gifts (UPS) anywhere in the United States.
- If you haven’t tried our rich and flavorful Gaviña Coffees, you should! Sweet Basil Coffee Club is for the person who values a great coffee to drink every day. Rich, medium bodied regular and flavored coffees available. When you purchase your coffee with us we invite you to join our coffee club. We keep track and when you purchase 10 pounds of coffee, the next one is free! Stop in to sample and see why hundreds of our customers rave about our coffee and stop in to purchase it year after year!
- Sweet Basil Gift Certificates make wonderful gifts for any special occasion. You can make them for any amount; the recipient can use them in the school, or store. To purchase here, go to the top of our site and follow the prompts to get it on its way to your recipient.
- Our colorful Gift Baskets are great for gift giving! They combine convenience and thoughtfulness for anyone – out of town relatives and friends, business associates & colleagues, corporate gift giving – anyone who would enjoy a selection of “gifts within a gift!” They can be custom-made from just about anything in the store – including our bountiful selection of gourmet foods – or order from our pre-made selection. Gift Certificates are available in any amount online, in the store or by phone. They are good for cooking classes and store merchandise.
- Need Knives sharpened? Drop them off for a couple of days, we’ll get them sharp and ready to go again.
- Want to host a private cooking class? Go to the top of this page to get the details.
Check Out Some Of Our Featured Items
Essence of Cooking
The Essence Intermediate series will take your basic understanding of cooking and further develop your skills and knowledge. Each week will focus in-depth on cooking principals, teaching how to develop complex flavors and create layers of flavors. We will learn Cooking Methods including battering, stuffing, layering, and marinating; and Cooking Processes of charring, roasting, sauté, flambe, smoking, poaching and baking. In six short weeks you will achieve an understanding of cooking shared by many professionals with a true sense of accomplishment in your cooking capabilities. Make your summer count and join us for this fun and exciting series!
Be part of a group learning about the basics of cooking. NEW Classes begin in JANUARY!
Check Out What People Are Saying About Us…
CHECK OUT OUR COOKING SCHOOL!
TEAM BUILDING & PRIVATE
KIDS & TEENS
July KIDS & TEENS Camps
Click below to Register